compensation: 15.32-17.13 an hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This position provides grounds maintenance and supervision on 20+ acres of land for a senior living community.
- Assures lawn is green, free of weeds and litter; maintains lawn height of 3" to 4"
- Prunes and trims bushes and trees; plants and maintains flower beds; trims groundcover, etc.
- Weeds, waters and fertilizes all plants, trees and shrubs.
- Sometimes works with weed killers and other pesticides or chemicals.
- Programs, monitors and performs light maintenance on sprinkling systems and determines water days and times
- Operates motorized equipment/vehicles, power tools and hand tools to maintain grounds
- Assures tools and other equipment are in good repair, and performs light maintenance on equipment and tools when needed
- Cleans sidewalks and parkways as requested. Immediately remedies or secures unsafe conditions in parking lots or on sidewalks. Assures sidewalks are free of debris
- During winter months assists in the removal of snow, applies sand and de-icer on sidewalks and entries.
- Documents all completed work and tests performed
- Works with team members and other staff members in a helpful, respectful and courteous manner
- Supervises 1 fulltime grounds keeping assistant all year and 2 additional assistants in the summer time
- Safeguards residents' property; keep residents' living areas pleasant and orderly.
- Responds appropriately to residents' requests for help and maintains positive relationships with residents' friends and family members.
- This position may be included in the rotating emergency weekend on-call roster.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Maintains outdoor furniture
- 2 years of landscaping experience required
- Valid Driver's License Required
- Eye for Detail
- Good Communicator
- Team Player
- Able to work alone and with minimal oversight
APPLICANTS WHO ARE SELECTED FOR EMPLOYMENT MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND A DRUG SCREENING.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers