QR Code Link to This Post
**Due to the duties of this position, successful candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
• Willingness to work in areas where various landscape and agricultural chemicals have been used, and to work with the reclaimed water utilized in the irrigation system.
• Ability to:
- Safely operate various types of golf course maintenance equipment including mowers (both large riding mowers and 21” self-propelled mowers), weed trimmers, small tractors and all kinds of hand tools from shovels to pruners.
- Safely operate golf carts.
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Work safely and cooperatively with other team members to accomplish desired results.
- Interact with co-workers and golf course patrons in a positive manner.
• Experience operating a cash register.
• Ability to give excellent customer service.
• Good knowledge of the game of golf.
• Must possess:
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations.
• Must be willing and able to work weekends.
• Education in agriculture or related field.
• Experience in landscape maintenance or operation of farm equipment.
• Experience and basic horticultural skills i.e. working with grasses, flowers, trees.
• Experience safely operating and performing routine maintenance on large and small mowers, weed trimmers and other landscape maintenance equipment and/or farm equipment.
• Previous experience working at a golf course.
• Basic mechanical skills needed for routine maintenance of small engines and equipment.
• Member of PGA or enrolled in PGM program and has passed PAT.
• Experience opening and closing cash register daily; working in a golf course pro shop.
• Knowledge of golf equipment rental.
• Familiarity with GHIN handicap system.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Physical requirements include lifting and/or otherwise moving items weighing approximately 50 pounds; bending, stooping, kneeling and walking continuously throughout the shift including up and down slopes; and working outdoors in inclement weather.
Posting Number: STH001422P
Posting Date: 06/28/2018
Closing Date: 7/1/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency