dogs are OK - wooof cottage/cabin no laundry on site off-street parking
QR Code Link to This Post
Want a little peace and quiet, a little time in nature this spring or summer? Come to serene and interesting Vashon Island in the beautiful green Puget Sound. Spend your days outside in the forest on 10 private acres or inside by the woodstove, and sleep on a comfy bed in this rustic cabin built in the 1880's. Cook inside, or outside on the fire pit, camp stove or BBQ. Two adults, plus a dog, are welcome. Once you get on the ferry at Fauntleroy in Seattle (or Pt Defiance in Tacoma) you will be here in 50mins.
To learn more and book reply or go to https://glampinghub.com/unitedstatesofamerica/pacificwest/washington/vashon/cabin-rental-vashon-island-washington/?checkin=&checkout=&guests=2
There are some fun and even quirky annual events on Vashon. Here are highlights:
- Get dressed up and go watch the Academy Awards at the historic Vashon Theatre (March 2, 2018)
- For birders, the Vashon-Maury Audobon Society holds guided tours the 2nd Saturday of each month
- Vashon is known for it's many diverse artists. Come for the Art Gallery Cruise on 1st Friday, 6-9pm
- The Farmers market features local food, crafts and music every Saturday starting in April and until mid-December
- For hardcore athletes, the Vashon 50K Ultramarathon and Trail Run will be June 2, 2018
- People come from near and far for the Sheepdog Classic (June 7-10, 2018)
- Enjoy 4th of July fireworks on Quartermaster Harbor (while your puppy stays in the calm and quiet cabin!)
- Strawberry Festival draws many people for a wide range of activities (July 20-22, 2018)
- The Lavendar Festival happens each summer, come see over 20 varieties!
- Low Tide celebration is a distinctly Vashon community event (date coming soon)
- For motorcycle enthusiasts the NW Classic Old Bike event is usually the Sunday before or after Labor Day
- Passport2Pain is the annual bike ride throughout the island (Sept 8, 2018)
- Ciderfest is a great event for all ages, usually held the first Saturday in October, or whenever the harvest happens!
- Bow hunting is allowed on the property Sept 1-Dec 30 (no firearms, include hunting request in your reservation)
- Pt. Robinson Lighthouse throws a party and open house each winter (December)
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers